Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Website portfolio and Newsela

Big Ideas: What does it mean to be good?

Reading: Newsela tracking form for recording the articles you have read.

Agenda:
  1. Work on your Newsela challenge
    1. Read at least 10 articles ALL the way through. Read to learn something new.
    2. Read at least one article from 5 different categories (Kids doesn't count as a category).
    3. Write a rhetorical precis for two of the articles. Look back at English Journal #9 for help on writing a rhetorical precis. We wrote one together.
    4. Take the quiz and pass with at least a 3/4 for two of the articles.
    5. Create a flipgrid video that explains what the article is about and your thoughts about the topic. Use some of the sentences below to help you create a script for your video.
      1. The article "???" was about...In the article it described...The purpose of the article was to...The article made me think about...I wonder...One question I have for the author is...Overall, I though...
  2. Website portfolio
    1. Create a page for your favorite vocabulary words.
    2. The denotation of this word is...This word makes me think of...This word has a positive/negative connotation.

Success Criteria:
  1. I can identify my biggest worry about the semester. I have strategies for dealing with it.
  2. I have a plan for how to talk to my classmates.

Homework:
  1. Choose a new book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment