Friday, November 9, 2018

I Have a Dream

Big Ideas: How do words lead to actions?

Reading: Today we will read for 10 minutes. Your next book review will be on Tuesday.




Agenda:

  1. You will have 7 minutes to work on this week's vocabulary.
  2. We will read MLK's "I Have a Dream Speech". While you listen underline the pronouns. Pronouns are I, You, We, Us, etc.
    1. We will read this text of his speech.
    2. We will listen to this audio of his speech.
  3. You will play a Quizizz to see how much you understood from the speech. This Quizizz won't count for a grade yet.
  4. Start a new English Journal.
    1. English Journal #
    2. At the beginning of the speech, Martin Luther King Jr. primarily used the pronoun...I think he did this because...He wanted the audience to...Then he switched to the pronound...Finally, he used...This final switch is significant because...

Success Criteria:
  1. I can explain why MLK used different pronouns in his famous speech.
  2. I am improving my vocabulary by daily using Vocabulary.com

Homework:
  1. Finish this week's vocabulary by Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment