Tuesday, May 14, 2019

MSND One Pager

Big Ideas: Who or what is in control?

Reading: Today we will read for 10 minutes. Your next book review will be on May 17th.

Agenda:
  1. Today you will create a one-pager for MSND to show you understood the characters and themes of the play. Here is what you need:
    1. A central image that represents the play.
    2. Smaller images that represent the four relationships explored in the play: friendship, love, parent-to-child, and rulers-to-subjects.
    3. Quotes from the play:
      1. “And will you rend our ancient love asunder / To join with men in scorning your poor friend?” - Helena
      2. "Full of vexation come I, with complaint Against my child, my daughter Hermia." - Egeus
      3. "Ay me! for aught that I could ever read, Could ever hear by tale or history, The course of true love never did run smooth. " -Lysander
      4. "Hippolyta, I woo'd thee with my sword, And won thy love, doing thee injuries; But I will wed thee in another key, With pomp, with triumph and with revelling." - Theseus
  2. In each box explain what that character teaches us about that relationship.
    1. Helena is a good/bad example of being a friend because...She teaches us...I think...
  3. Finally, you must add a 12-15 sentence summary of the play on the back of your one-pager. You can use the play map to help with your summary.

Homework:
  1. No vocabulary this week. Just read your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment