Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Independent Reading Activity

Big Ideas: Who or what is in control?

Reading: Today we will read for 10 minutes. Your next book review will be on May 17th.

Agenda:
  1. Fill out the reading progress form. 
  2. Today you finish your one-pager for MSND to show you understood the characters and themes of the play. Here is what you need:
    1. A central image that represents the play.
    2. Smaller images that represent the four relationships explored in the play: friendship, love, parent-to-child, and rulers-to-subjects.
    3. Quotes from the play:
      1. “And will you rend our ancient love asunder / To join with men in scorning your poor friend?” - Helena
      2. "Full of vexation come I, with complaint Against my child, my daughter Hermia." - Egeus
      3. "Ay me! for aught that I could ever read, Could ever hear by tale or history, The course of true love never did run smooth. " -Lysander
      4. "Hippolyta, I woo'd thee with my sword, And won thy love, doing thee injuries; But I will wed thee in another key, With pomp, with triumph and with revelling." - Theseus
    4. In each box explain what that character teaches us about that relationship.
    5. Helena is a good/bad example of being a friend because...She teaches us...I think...
    6. Finally, you must add a 12-15 sentence summary of the play on the back of your one-pager. You can use the play map to help with your summary.\
  3. We will work on our Google Slides for the book activity on Friday. Make sure you finish reading your book and remember to bring your food to class.

Homework:
  1. No vocabulary this week. Just read your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment