Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Tuesday

Big Ideas: What does it mean to be good?

Reading: We will read for 10 minutes and calculate our reading rate. You will set a goal based on your reading rate.

Agenda:
  1. I will check your vocabulary today. Start your new list.
  2. English Journal: The Good Place
    1. After watching the video clip, write on the following topic:
    2. Are you a good person? How do you know? Would you make it into the Good Place? It is ok to not be sure. Have you done any actions that would result in you getting positive points? Can you think of anyone who would definitely be in the Good Place? Why?
    3. You will discuss your journal with another person in class.
  3. Ethics lecture on paper. I will present one theory of what it means to be a good person.
  4. We will start reading TKAM today.
Success Criteria:
  1. I can identify my biggest worry about the semester. I have strategies for dealing with it.
  2. I have a plan for how to talk to my classmates.

Homework:
  1. Make sure you start your new vocabulary list.
  2. Choose a new book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment