Thursday, September 27, 2018

Revising our narratives

Big Ideas: How do individuals and groups shape our identity? How do we become a confident individual?

Reading: Fill out the reading progress form.




Agenda:
  1. You will receive a B if you do the following:
    1. The sequence of events in your narrative builds to create a complete narrative.
    2. Use narrative techniques, such as dialogue, description, and reflection to develop events and/or characters.
    3. Use precise words and phrases to convey a vivid picture of the experiences, events, setting, and/or characters.
  2. If you do less than this, you will receive lower than a B and if you do these things excellently (plus more), you will receive an A.
  3. How do I identify errors in my narrative?
    1. Use the following Addons for Google Docs
      1. Listen to your narrative with Speakd.
      2. Grammar and Style check by Crio
  4. Review how to punctuate dialogue.
    1. Watch this video
    2. Or read this document
  5. Add words to your narrative from your vocabulary lists.

Success Criteria:
  1. I improved my narrative by fixing:
    1. My grammar and spelling mistakes
    2. The punctuation of the dialogue
    3. I added more precise vocabulary
    4. I looked for gaps in my narrative
    5. I  have a clear reflection at the end

Homework:
  1.  Did you start your new vocabulary list?
  2.  Make sure you are reading for ten minutes at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment