Wednesday, April 18, 2018

What do you value?

Essential Question: What do you value most?

Goal: explain how your values influence your actions

Reading: You should have your new book.  Book 4 will be due on April 27th and Book 5 will be due on May 18th. Friday you will fill out the reading progress form again. Make sure you are making progress.


Agenda:

  1. What do you value most? survey
    1. You will rank the items on the half sheet I gave you from most to least important.
    2. Fill out the Google Form about your top ten items.
      1. CLICK HERE FOR THE GOOGLE FORM
  2. Create a new English Journal: What I value
    1. Complete the following sentences:
      1. Since I value ___ I choose to...
      2. Since I value ___ I avoid...
      3. I know what is most important in life by...
      4. Other people in life may know what is important by...
      5. I can understand why someone might value ___ because...
    2. Choose a couple of these sentences to write a paragraph about what you value most.
      1. In my own life, I value...My values influence my actions. For example,...I know that not everyone has the same values. Therefore,...
  3. Resume vs. Eulogy
    1. After watching the video. Fold a piece of paper in half.
    2. Label one side: Resume, Adam I, Strengths
    3. Label the other side: Eulogy, Adam II, Weaknesses
    4. Draw pictures or put words to fill in each side


Homework:
  1.  You should be 2/3 of the way done with your book by next week
  2.  No vocabulary this week

No comments:

Post a Comment